CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Introducing...Miss Elle McCaslin!

Elle McCaslin Newman


February 5, 2009
8:27 am
6 lbs 11 oz
19 1/2 inches


I obviously did not make it to my 39 week appointment on Thursday! On Wednesday night, BJ and I worked until 10 pm then went to bed. I woke up about an hour later with what I thought was a contraction. About 5 minutes later I felt it again, so I woke BJ up. He started timing them and sure enough, they were lasting about 45 seconds and coming about every 3-5 minutes. We started getting our bags together (wanted to be sure this time since we had several false alarms the previous week!). The contractions were getting stronger, so we headed off to the hospital. We arrived about 1 am and I had already dilated to 7 cm. The nurses told me we would definitely have a baby within a few hours - I could not believe it! I was in so much pain at this point, but I had immediate relief once the epidural was started :) My water broke shortly thereafter. Over the next few hours I had not dilated any further, so I was given a dose of Pitocin. Then, just a couple of hours later I was fully dilated to 10 cm! After only a few pushes, Elle arrived at 8:27 am. Our lives have not been the same since! She is absolutely perfect and we are so in love with her!
























































GETTING READY TO GO HOME!




















Elle wore this ring that has been passed down 3 generations!




































3 comments:

Hart, Party of Five said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hart, Party of Five said...

How sweet! I loved hearing the birth story and seeing the stork in your front yard :). Call or email me in your spare time (which now has been reduced to maybe 10 min a day,haha)!

P.S. I deleted my first post because it had too many typos (Can you tell that I am sleep deprived too :)!).

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to welcome little Elle in to our family. She is precious! We love her so much!