CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It was a Mommy and Elle Day...

but not in a good way, unfortunately! The poor baby has what seems to be the never-ending stomach virus.


BJ surprised me with a trip to New York City for my birthday last week (we had a blast - post to come when this all this craziness is over!). We left Wednesday morning and got back Sunday night. We had an awesome trip, but had a HUGE scare when I got the message from my mom that Elle had diarrhea and had vomited several times early Saturday morning. I know all children get sick - but Elle has never vomited. This pretty much sent me over the edge! BJ was on the phone with the doctor and I was on the phone with my mom, and we were all trying to communicate! Craziness. I felt so guilty that I was not home to be with my baby through all of this - worst feeling ever! I knew she was in good hands, though - so this helped us get through. My parents are apparently pros at this... they had it all under control and were already doing what the doctor was telling us to do! Thank you Nana and Papa for coming to the rescue!


We thought Elle was having a better day yesterday, but we were back to square one last night..... we had a very long night! Four changes of clothes later, we decided it was time to call the pediatrician again this morning. Dr. Myers wanted to take a look at her since she hadn't kept any formula down in almost 24 hours. The good news is that she thinks Elle is staying well hydrated and doing fine, considering the circumstances (no fever, no lethargy, etc.). We just have to keep her hydrated and wait this thing out. Apparently this stomach bug has been spreading like wildfire through Franklin. Dr. Myers said the vomiting should be over in a couple of days, but the diarrhea... well, it can last a couple of weeks. Not what I wanted to hear (especially when we are already dealing with a horrid diaper rash!)








On a happier note, since I took the day off to be with Elle, I ran to Costco to get a playmat that we had been looking at. We have hardwood floors, so she didn't have a comfortable and safe area to play in. This girl could sit and play for hours - just put her in a pile of toys, and she is good to go! The playmat was definitely a hit with Elle! She was fascinated by all of the bright colors. Hope this made her feel a little better!





Miss Observant on her new mat!






We expect Elle to crawl any day now! She just hasn't got the leg part down yet. She gets so frustrated with herself - it is actually a little sad to watch. She'll get it eventually!




I had to change her pajamas yet again after I took this picture tonight. We have had over 10 outfit changes today! This has to be a record-setter!

3 comments:

Hart, Party of Five said...

Bless her heart! We have been through it several times. Hope you don't catch it too! Wash your hands constantly!!

The Wicks said...

Poor baby! I hope she is feeling better soon and that you don't get it too. She is still super cute even when she is sick!

Nana and Poppa said...

Elle is a cutie pie. We are glad that she is all better. That play mat will be lots of fun for her!