CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Ribbons and Bows Galore!

Today on Kelly's Korner it was "Show Us What You Make," so I wanted to share with you what I enjoy doing in my spare time (which is dwindling these days, but I am trying!)


My mom is really creative and crafty - whether it is decorating for a bridal shower or simply wrapping gifts, she has the touch! She used to make my hairbows for me when I was a little girl, and could sew outfits if I needed them for Halloween, or whatever the occassion. I loved watching her make things, especially when I got to help out! I guess it all stuck with me because I still love anything that involves crafts, sewing, and decorating.


I got a sewing machine about 5 years ago, and just taught myself the basics. Then, this summer I bought an embroidery machine. I was spending so much money taking all of Elle's things to get monogrammed, so we decided it was worth the money! The embroidery machine is much harder to use than the sewing machine - I still have so much to learn! I have posted pictures of some of the things I have made for Elle and others. I have so much fun doing this! I have already asked BJ if I can just quit my job as a pharmacist (j/k), and open up a children's shop (my dream! But, not going to happen because I could never do it fast enough to make any money! I am such a perfectionist -I am slow!)






Paci-holders!
Elle needs one in every color if I could ever get around to it!
She is never going to give that paci up!




A Taggie!

This is a great way to use all of your ribbon scraps!

I took the bows that were used to decorate my baby shower for Elle (since they were just sitting in a drawer), and cut them up for the ribbon pieces. I thought this was a good idea - plus I didn't have to throw them away!

These are just some onesies I made to go with a pair of pants and leg warmers Elle had.

Everyone have a great weekend! We are heading to the pumpkin patch Sunday (if the weather cooperates) - I am so excited!

2 comments:

Mom said...

These items look so good, Lindsey!
You amaze me with what you are able to create and accomplish! I have decided that you don't sleep much. Everyone has 24 hours in their day.
But you manage to pack a lot more in than most! I love you, my creative and wonderful daughter.

The Smith's said...

How is it that I have gone this whole time and didn't know that you had a blog??? I love it though! Elle is the sweetest little girl and I love the outfits and things you have made for her! If I ever have another baby and it happens to be a girl...I will be putting orders in!