CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Hanging with the Besties!

Here is Elle with her two best friends - Anna and Emma!





Anna (in the back) will be two years old in a few weeks. She is a good friend from our neighborhood, and Elle loves her! BJ's mom has been Anna's nanny since she was 3 months old. I don't think Anna knew what to think when Elle came along this year! She has been so good with Elle, though. She tries to be her little mommy! Anna sticks Elle's pacifier back in her mouth when she drops it and wants Elle to have every toy she has -so funny! She calls Elle " EEHHAA" :) We are so thankful that Elle has Anna to play with and keep her entertained everyday - this has been wonderful for her! We feel like Elle has the best of both worlds - a nanny (even better, her granny) who loves her and can spend one-on-one time with her, but she isn't secluded from others. She has a sweet playmate to interact with!



On Wednesday, Elle's cousin Emma (almost 5 months old) came to visit. I almost didn't post this picture because I cannot BELIEVE Elle did this when she first saw Emma! Look at that face! Pitiful! In Elle's defense, she had just woken up from a nap - so she wasn't quite with it yet! Hopefully Emma will forgive her!






After a few minutes, Elle decided everything was ok! Whew!

Aren't they just precious!




On a different note, I found these shoes for Elle at Target and I love them! I have really tried to keep Elle in shoes this fall. This has been very different for us, seeing as how she went around barefoot all summer long! With the weather turning cold, and since she *might* be walking in the next few months -I decided it was time. So, I got this girl stocked up on shoes!






Elle is definitely my daughter because she loves shoes, too....



So much that she always tries to EAT them...




and here is her sweet face when I say "no, no, no!" :)





Wish me luck. I think I am going to venture out and let Elle try different finger/table foods soon. She still loves her pureed foods in the jar, but I think she needs to practice picking up little snacks. Mum-Mums (rice cakes) are her favorite since they are easy to handle, but I think she is past these! I really dread this, but I am not sure why! I think I am just so picky about what is in Elle's food, so I feel like I need to make everything fresh for her - but there is not enough hours in the day for me to do this! I have been using Earth's Best (100% organic, GEI-free, no artificial flavors/colors/preservatives) baby food with her, and have been very pleased with it. When Elle was born, I promised that I would make my own baby food for my children - but I saw really quickly this wasn't happening! It was such a relief for me when I came across EB - they make food better than what I ever could anyway! Also, I am scared to death of food allergies! I have mixed feelings on giving Elle things like cheese just yet (even though it is listed as being ok)! Any advice from you moms out there on this would be greatly appreciated!




Enjoying her Mum-Mum
!








2 comments:

The Smith's said...

I don't know how you feel about Gerber foods, but they make diced carrots, pears, and apples that are great for little fingers to pick up. And they make the "puffs" that my kids love and still eat (only now they can eat the whole container in one sitting!) Other good things for kids Elle's age to try are little pieces of cooked pasta. I hope she enjoys trying some new foods!

Hart, Party of Five said...

I am with the previous poster about the Gerber products. Great for little hands!